RAINBOW CUPCAKES

Good Evening Everyone!  The last couple years, I have been making these awesome cupcakes for my little ones birthday and I get SO many requests on a tutorial on how to make them.  I am certainly NOT going to create a video on how to create them because I think I would totally BORE everyone to death, so I decided to make a blog post about them.  My daughter turned 5 (I know, right?) on March 16 and I made these for her and her classmates. (sorry they are grainy, they come from my IPhone)

They were a BIG hit with her classmates!  Here is a peek from last year.
So here is everything I used!  I didn't make these from scratch.  It would have taken even longer.
I used:

white cake mix
egg WHITES, not the whole egg
vegetable oil
food coloring
light colored icing (for coloring purposes)
sprinkles (optional)


Mix the cake mix according to the instructions.  Divide the batter up into bowls depending on how many colors you are using.  I only used 3 colors each, so I divided it into 3 bowls. Squeeze the colors of your choice into the batter directly and using a fork (IDK why , its so much easier than a spoon), stir color until even.  NOTE: the more color you use, the richer it is, so if you are looking for pastel, use less color.

With either a fork or a spoon, start layering the colors in whichever patter you desire into a cupcake pan with liners in it.
Another example from a previous batch on how the layers look finished.  They don't have to be neat, makes better designs in the cupcakes if its a little all over the place.
Bake accordingly and then they should look like this once done.
Allow to cool and then frost your cupcakes with plain color icing or you can use food coloring to create another color, fondant or whatever you like!
I added sprinkles to them and VIOLA! (sorry for my undone nails, YUCK)
In one weekend, I made a total of  67 of these kind of cupcakes (20 for her class, 47 for her party) and everyone loved them!
 I plan on making more of these and also making them from scratch to see what the difference in taste will be.  Once I do, I will be sure to let you guys know!

Let me know if you have tried these and how they turned out!  I would love to see pictures of your work!
Lata Loves!
Chanda

Comments

Post a Comment