MUSTARD IS THE NEW BLACK

Happy Monday ladies and gents! I wish I could take yesterday's weather and replicate it for eternity! It was such a beautiful Easter, and while we didn't celebrate it the traditional way, it was still a great day with the family! I got to sleep in til 9:30a (even though I didn't go to sleep until almost 3a, smh) and just got to enjoy the day. The little lady had to have 4 teeth extracted and her braces put on last Thursday and required a lot of Mommy time, but she is feeling much better, which allowed for me to plan out and execute this post.
FIT DETAILS

sweater: target (sold out, similar) || jeans: charlotte russe (now closed) || shoes: nike
earrings: f21 (similar) || necklace: soufeel (15% off with code "chaseg15") || bag + sunnies: justfab

A little story on these pants - My husband went to the mall one Saturday and called me like "Did you know Charlotte Russe was going out of business?" I was like "sure didn't!" He ended up getting Caryss some things and me a pair of over the knee boots (which we later found out were 2 left shoes, smh). We went back over to the mall the next day (the day they were actually closing) and everything that was left was a $1! There wasn't a big variety of items to choose from, but I was able to snatch Caryss some more pants and me a sweater and these pants. I was super sad that I couldn't wear the over the knee boots - hubby was actually trying to call them to see if they had another right boot and I was like "it's really okay, they are closed forEVA (Cardi B's voice)!!

Now, when I originally planned this outfit, I had some cute "vintage" heels from ShoeDazzle that went PERFECTLY with my mustard sweater, but once I was down in the city walking around, I was like "yeah, but no! - the Cortez's will work!" My husband actually purchased these for Caryss, but her being her big-footed self, they were are a tad too small for her which means I reap the rewards! They are super comfortable and the first pair that I've owned. They will most certainly be in heavy rotation!

We went downtown to get these pics off and you know, I was in such a great mood. We went to Campus Martius, Chase Tower and Hart Plaza/Riverwalk. So many families out having enjoying the warm temps. I thought it was funny that we walked past a Dianetics table right at Hart Plaza - y'all, I am a DIEHARD Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath fan and just knowing that there is a Scientology building in Detroit is beyond me. But that's a story for another life!


I hope that you all had a great Easter weekend and that the weather was as beautiful as Sunday was for me (btw, it rained ALL day Saturday). What did you guys do over the weekend?

Other fits you may like:


I would normally feel self-conscious about my midriff showing, but hey, #YOLO
shoot locations
Chase Tower

all in Detroit, MI

Comments