FIRST SNOW

Okay, so this makes WAY better sense than the 70+ degree weather we were having just a couple short weeks ago.  The skies opened up late Friday night/early Saturday morning and did not let up the entire day!  Some areas got around 6" of snow, while us lower Easterners in MI only got a few.  As pretty as it is and no matter how much Mr. Weatherman warned us, I totally wasn't ready for the first of what I'm sure will be many rounds of the cold, white stuff! 


This weather allowed for me to bring out my beloved poncho from Venus!  I'm almost certain I didn't let you guys in on this, but I entered into a giveaway that Toya from In Her Heels held and I was lucky enough to be her winner!  Yay me!  My prize was a $100 gift card to Venus and I most definitely used every bit of it! 
poncho: venus | top: fashion nova | jeans [similar] + booties [similar]: justfab
bag: shoedazzle [old, similar] | necklace: f21 | beanie: five below
leg warmers: stolen from my daughter | lips: freckletone [l/s] + chestnut [l/l] - mac
This poncho is so warm and cozy AND it's reversible!!  Of course, I didn't think to take a photo of the other side until everything was packed away!  I think I like it better on the dark side anyway, but I will style the grey side and post on another day!  I wanted to stay within the grey/black family with the rest of the outfit, so my skinnies with the ankle zip and a grey cowl neck were my first choices.  I wanted as many layers as possible being that it was a steamy 25 degrees when I shot these, I layered a regular long sleeve top underneath.
Aren't you guys proud of me for sitting Martin down?  Decided to add my trusted quilted over-sized clutch to today's mix.  I'm noticing that I don't own too many black bags and that's primarily because I went through a LONG period in my fashion life of where I didn't like black or nude shoes/bags.  I know that they are a necessity, I just love color.  I still to this day don't own a proper nude color bag (other than Martin).
Went shopping in my daughters sock drawer and "borrowed" her little black leg warmers which I think was the perfect cherry on top of this look!  I don't think she realized that I was wearing them, so we'll just keep this a little secret, okay? :)
Happy Monday loves!! ♥
I'm pretty excited for Thanksgiving Thursday and putting up my Christmas tree on Friday!!
What are your plans this week and are you joining in on the Black Friday madness?
linking up with 
monday
let it shine - still being molly
all about you - mama and more
mix it mondays - fizz and frosting
hello monday - more pieces of me
classy monday - elegantly fashionable
a lovely little a la mode - a little bit of cheer
watch what i'm wearing - watch out for the woestmans
start the week stylish - style assisted + northwest blonde
tuesday
style session - style elixir
tuesday fashion party - two peas in a blog
handmade tuesdays - ladybug blessings
confident twosday - i do declaire
wednesday
what i wore - cappuccino and fashion
oh, hey girl - pumps and pushups
trendy wednesday - classy yet trendy
fresh fashion forum - sydney fashion hunter
wearable wednesdays - momfluence
what i wore - the pleated poppy
thursday - happy thanksgiving
#wiwt - the red closet diary + twenties girl style
friday
fab friday - style elixir
friday favorites - momfessionals
friday favorites - lizzie in lace
fabulous friday - elegantly fashionable
casual friday - two thirty five designs
welcome to the weekend - claire justine oxox
saturday
saturday sharefest - the sits girls
style saturday - the fashionista momma