#39

Go shawty, its ya birthday, we gone party like it's ya birthday; we gone sip Bacardi like its ya birthday...
- In da club, 50 Cent
Welp, just like that, today starts my 39th year of life and I couldn't be more thankful for health and being with loved ones 💕 


So like always, there is a story to this post.  I actually ordered a dress and a pair of shoes from JustFab - I haven't shopped for myself in literally EONS, so I figured I'd treat myself to something nice.  Well, I placed my order on July 2nd and it actually processed over the 4th of July weekend.  I was pretty ecstatic because it's the beginning of the month - usually JF and ShoeDazzle have tons of orders from the new month beginning (they are still subscriptions, so everyone is spending those credits).  I figured my tracking would update on Monday and I would have it by the latest Thursday or Friday (their fulfillment is close to my state, so in real life, I should have received it quick).  

more on this post HERE!

Welp, great old United States Postal Service reminded me QUICK that they are not set up like that!  The crazy part is I know COVID is still a thing and is still affecting so many services around the world and shipping is most def one of them.  I am almost to the point of risking it all to try to go find  things that I need (in this case, want) locally instead of purchasing online - and y'all know I'm not set up like that!  I would rather do EVERYTHING online instead of going out in public, especially right now.  The only thing I really go out for are groceries and toiletries - other than that, I'm at home!

more on this post HERE!

Needless to say, the tracking for the outfit I'd ordered to shoot for my birthday hasn't budged since July 6th and I have NOTHING new to share with you guys for this special day.  I went through a moment where I was ready to unload on USPS, but what would that do?  Those ladies and gentlemen have the daunting task of delivering our mail and packages on a daily basis, while risking their health to do so.  Once it arrives, I will go out (safely) and shoot to share with you guys.  Until then, lesson learned - order earlier! 😊

This one is also bittersweet because we were supposed to be at Disney World right now (7/11 through 7/16) but I couldn't chance it.  I actually cancelled this vacation in April once things started going downhill with the pandemic because I couldn't trust that life would be back to normal by now.  I'm glad I trusted my gut because even though they are back open now, Florida is definitely a hotspot at the moment and I didn't want our 1st Disney experience to be coupled with a global pandemic.  We will be patient (save some more money for this trip in the meantime) and go when the time is right!

broke out in hives in this photo 😩 I swear I can't ever win!

Have a great week everyone!
I have today and tomorrow off and I don't think I am going to exude one ounce of productivity! 

Linking up with these beauties this week!

Comments