meal prep • breakfast: healthy egg white cups


Hi Guys and gals!  Today's post is all about meal prep.  This is the most difficult area for me on my fitness journey because I am so used to just grabbing what I want and eating it.  Defeats the purpose of working out, I know!  That's why I turned to Pinterest!  I have gained tons of knowledge as it relates to fitness and, most recently, meal prep.  I came across this pin on how to make Muffin Tin Baked Eggs and OH MY GOSH!!!  I am HOOKED!!  As soon as I found it, I said "I have stuff in my kitchen for this.  Let's do it!"


So this is what I came up with!
start off with whatever ingredients you would like to use.
I made 3 different kinds and I will list what I used a little later.
(you don't have to do this step.  I did so because I didn't want to scrub the tin once I was done)
I lined my cupcake tin with cupcake liners.  A different color for each flavor.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
put your ingredients in.  For this flavor, I used chopped green peppers, tomato and cheese.
in a measuring cup, add your eggs (I used purchased egg whites by Market Pantry) add seasoning and mix.
Next time, I will add a little milk to make them fluffier.  You can do this by adding a little water as well.
add egg to your ingredients.  Cook for about 20 mins or until done.
these are the other flavors I made
#1. green pepper
tomato
cheese
garlic salt
onion powder
pepper

#2. turkey sausage
cheese
pepper

#3. spinach
cheese
garlic salt
onion powder
pepper

fresh out of the oven.  They smelled SO good!
I stored them by twos in their own individual sandwich sized bags, then labeled a gallon size bag to add them to.  Refrigerate and pop in the microwave for about 30 secs. to a minute in the morning!
Enjoy!!  The Pinterest recipe called for 2 in the morning which gives me enough for 6 days!  I tried to Spinach and Cheese first because I (thought that) I hate spinach, but I think I am starting to like it!  You can eat alone, or with toast, fruit , oatmeal, etc. Possibilities are endless!  I added wheat toast and jelly and Lipton Green Tea!  Such a good breakfast!

Let me know if you will or have tried this!  I would love to add more recipes under my wing!
Make sure to follow my Pinterest and we can get healthy together!
xo, Chanda